Thursday, July 21, 2011

Auto cucumbered' text messages gone wrong. Oops, that's 'auto corrected'


What with all the walking and texting, dining and texting, and talking and texting that goes on, it's no wonder that communication sometimes breaks down.

Throw in auto correct, and you're guaranteed some jaw-dropping mishaps. That's probably why the blog "Damn You, Auto Correct," which collects text exchanges gone wrong, has proved so popular. Since launching in October, it's garnered almost 300 million page views.

Here are some gems randomly selected from the archives:

Exchange #1: We need to talk

"Be warned: I'm dumping you when I get home tonight."

"Fine with me. I was just thinking we could use some time apart."

"...JENNA??? I got autocorrected. I mean to write jumping you not dumping you. And you're telling me you want to break up?"

"Well this is awkward."

Exchange #2: Shocking News

"I've got to tell you something. Are you sitting down?"

"I am actually. What's up mom?"

"Your brother was adopted!"

"What??? What are you talking about? Why are you telling me this over a text? Call me."

"Oh this damn phone. I wrote accepted and the phone changed it. He got accepted to Yale!"

Exchange #3: Dangerous dealings

"Hey Taliban. Does someone your size usually wear an xl shirt?"

"...auto correct! I typed "tallman"

"Well now we're on a FBI watch list. Thanks."

Exchange #4: Now that's a bad date

"So how was the date last night bro"

"...first date we went to dinner and then walked her home. then i killed her in the woods outside her house and left"

"Killing her seems a bit harsh. Did she order the lobster and filet mignon at dinner or something?"

"***************KISSED..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More